Now, where did I leave that?

Monday, November 21, 2011

Tongue-Tied

To some this may sound like such a little thing, although others will understand. Early this evening I have to give a presentation to the president and board of trustees. It's a little presentation, 3-6 minutes (depending on how fast my nerves drag me to the finish line...six minutes would be me doing it perfectly). On the one hand, since this has been hanging over my head for over a year (date kept getting changed), I'll be so glad just to get it over with. On the other...I am terrified of speaking to groups. My face turns BEET red, my voice shakes, I critique myself the whole time, my throat gets dry, and I speak too quickly. This isn't exactly a presentation on brain surgery; it's basic, just meant to update them on changes we've made, good things we're doing, but every cell in my body is vibrating with dread.

2 comments:

AkasaWolfSong said...

Ashling my Dear Woman...

I've no doubt whatsoever that you will do wonderfully with your presentation. That being said...perhaps you could look above faces in the audience. Don't look directly at them in other words. Or...you could concentrate on trying to see their aura's while giving your presentation...that'd give it a different twist?

It is hard to give advice as I too used to have the same problem with public speaking. I only know that after a while I got over it. I just had to keep on doing it and remove myself from the equation. It helped me vastly to concentrate on something else.

I will send you great energies and thoughts! :) You Can Do This! And...You Will Be Amazing!

xoxoxo

the wild magnolia said...

Know your subject. Pretend you are talking to a good friend. Be yourself, that puts you most at ease.

Bring lots of pictures that show them some of what has been done.

Keep water close at hand.

You are smart and creative and will be just fine.

((hugs))