Now, where did I leave that?

Friday, August 6, 2010

Um, Watchdog? Not So Much...

Imagine my surprise when I walked into the kitchen, where Yeti was sprawled on the floor, just in time to see the UPS guy walking away from the door having just left a package.  The front door is open, leaving only the screen door between us and the world.  Yeti's head (and thus her eyes and ears, being a normally-put-together-canine) were 11 feet from said screen door.  Was I greeted by barking?  Or even, "Hey mom there's a stranger at the door you gotta come deal with this!!!" alertness?  That would be a big no. Nada. Ne rien. Zippo. She woke up when I opened the door to get the package.  While safety was not part of our motivation for having a dog, a little communication about strangers at the door wouldn't have hurt.  Well, at least we know we're totally safe from being ambushed by killer rabbits with big teeth.
And the package?  The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook, published by New Harbinger Press, and also 'prescribed' (along with the Wii Fit Plus Yoga) by my doctor.  Personally, I prefer a menage a trois with Ben and Jerry for stress reduction, but since that's out of the picture these days, we'll give the book and yoga a try!

No comments: