Now, where did I leave that?

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Farewell, Kittens...

VERY quick update (this is a crazy week at work): today four of the foster kittens went to the shelter to await adoption. They're small (2+ lbs) but quite healthy, playful, loving, well-socialized purrbugs. I look forward to hearing as each one is adopted. The litter is 10 weeks old now and every one is a delight.

The fifth kitten has already been adopted by us. She's renamed Pip (for Pipsqueak), although Linda calls her a variety of things including Podunk & Tootsiebell, and I referred to her yesterday as the Pipster. She's less than half the size of her siblings, although the vet said she appears healthy and bright-eyed, even though she's the size of a 4 week old. She's a curious, intrepid explorer who will often stop, sit, and take it all in before marching off to her next destination (I think of it as recon missions). She is often to be found on Linda's shoulder, both of them blissfully happy; Linda today referred to the purring in her ear as shavasana (rough translation for those who don't do yoga--we learned it during our brief yoga sojourn--deeply relaxing). She's getting nutritional supplements, frequent small meals since her tummy is sooo small, and enough love for a dozen cats.

I need to get through this very long, taxing week, but when I leave work Friday, I'll be off from work for nine glorious days! Trying to keep my eye on that prize...

8 comments:

Nancy J said...

There is great happiness that comes with a kitten, and their purr seems to be so loud for their size. Enjoy the "Pip"she will grow. Cheers from Jean

Robin Larkspur said...

So happy you kept one of the kittens. She will probably end up being a huge grown up cat. Pip sounds delightful and sweet. Photos please.

Rue said...

Many comings and goings around you lately! The chickens in your last post are so sweet! I'm sure you'll have a very happy coop.

Happy to hear Pip found a good home with you! I'm sure the other dears will be adopted by the right families soon.

In My Wild Eden said...

I'm glad you kept the little one. It's exciting to me that the others will have good homes too. I love all of Pips nick names!

Jen said...

Glad you kept one of the babies--till wishing I could adopt one! I'm happy you are getting a good vacation soon!

Linda said...

The Pipster sounds so adorable...need some pics :D

Glad you kept her..<3

Enjoy the vacation ...rest & relax!!! LOL

XO

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Ashling...she will be petite...something I've always wanted to be rather than 5'7"!!...:)JP

AkasaWolfSong said...

What a darling Pip!!! I'm trying to imagine her size...probably fits in the palm of your hand? I do hope you keep us posted with growing pics.

You and Linda have done an outstanding caretaking with these little, precious creatures.

Enjoy your vacation Ashling and have lots of fun!! :)
Continued Blessings to You and Yours! xoxoxoxo